5.21.2011

Summer lovin...

The recent warming has got me to daydreaming about summer...more specifically, summer nights (since it's the only truely bearable time of day during the season in my neck of the woods)...when the perfect dinner is served on the patio, with the smell of BBQ in the air, just waiting til the sun dips below the horizon to lounge firepit-side sipping ice-cold vodka tonics with just a hint of lime, watching the kids collecting fireflies in Ball Jars (well, not really...we don't have fireflies here...but a girl can daydream right?) before nodding off to sleep under the stars...

And then, suddenly I'm startled back to my reality...which is that my backyard is still a barren wasteland of dirt, tumbleweeds, and dog doo...

Hence, I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to work on a couple projects back there...so I compiled some inspiration just to keep me motivated!


Photo credits:  Succulents in Woolly Pocket via LA in Bloom , Hammock via http://www.housetohome.co.uk/, Bird Melamine Plate via West Elm, Southwest Getaway via Sunset, Reclaimed Wood table via Sunset, Mason Jar Chandelier via BootsNGus

HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment