10.01.2013

CROCHETED CHUNKY SCARF PATTERN

These past couple of weeks I've been reveling in the recent shift to cooler weather...breaking out my sheepskin slippers, wearing hooded sweatshirts, and sleeping with the windows open.  Fall is my favorite for so many reasons, but mostly because it's the beginning of crochet season.  I adore spending my days cuddled up on the couch mindlessly stitching gifts for all my loved ones...a hat, scarf, or blanket truly is the ultimate sign of my affection.  But, if you're anything like me you hardly ever make time to create anything for yourself.  So, here's a little something so quick and easy you could whip up two while watching a movie next weekend (it's even worth trying if you've never picked up a needle and yarn in your life...you won't find a pattern more simple).


SKILL LEVEL:   Beginner (seriously, there's only 1 stitch in this pattern people)

SIZE:                  11" H x 32" DIAMETER

MATERIALS:     2 skeins Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick (3 skeins will make 2 scarves)
                           Size P (11.50 mm) hook

SCARF:             Ch 50.   Being careful not to twist ch, join with sl st in first ch to form ring.
Rnd 1:  Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in each ch around, join with sl st in top of beg ch - 50 dc
Rnd 2-11:  Repeat Rnd 1.
Fasten off, and weave in ends.

Hope you guys enjoy!! 
You'll probably be everyone's new best friend :)
Erin






4 comments:

  1. I Cain't Wait to make sum of these !!! Thanks soo much fer share'n ... GOD BLESS ... Crystal-Jean .. Merry CHRISTMAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this! Sounds easy and simple, two things I like! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. What color did you use on the one in the picture

    ReplyDelete